dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, September 03, 2007

moving

Last night I helped my brother to move into his new flat in Helsinki – well in fact into his first own flat really. It was already fairly late and dark when he finally reversed the car into the courtyard. It didn’t take us too long to transfer the little furniture and boxes he had, into the ground floor apartment.

First task – beer into the fridge. I couldn’t help laughing – it is good that the boy had priorities. After that his friend took over and organised the rest of the kitchen and this time the cupboards started to fill up with real food and real cutlery.

My friend, who lives next door, came over to check up the place and to keep us company. Her boyfriend helped with the TV. The place started to look like something.

The boys opened beers and we got a glass of bubbly to celebrate. Then the invitation to sauna on Sunday nights was thrown in. Men.

“By the way, any chance I could borrow a long TV cable for tonight? If you happen to have a spare one.” Apparently one could be found…it is good to know your neighbours.

My brother started to unpack – he opened a box, emptied it and threw the rubbish into a corner. “Ha, if mum had seen that, she would not be pleased”. The joy of living on your own I suppose.

As we drove the car out of the yard we heard the cable arrive and shout “I’ll just take one more beer as rent, ok?” I think my brother will be just fine.

When my job was done I started my journey back through the dark city. I took a short cut, across the railway tracks – a little rabbit ran in front of me. Funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home