dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, November 06, 2008

elevator

Our office is on the second floor. Two flights of stairs are faster than the elevator so normally I just hop up the fire escape rather than wait in line for the lift. Or maybe it is just because the idea that using elevators is a sign of laziness and the first step on the road to a coach potato. But irrespective of the underlying reason and motivation – I always use the stairs.

This morning the door to the stairs was blocked by someone fixing the lights. Excellent. I turned around and made my way to the elevator.

Bling! The door opened and I stepped into the small cubicle.

“Third floor, going up.”

I had not pushed the button and due to this lack of communication between the elevator and I, the people holder failed to stop at my level.

We reached the fourth floor.

“Did you miss your stop?” A guy in a dark suit asked me.

I had better luck the second time around.

“Second floor, going down.”

Well I wasn’t, I was getting out.

Stupid machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home