dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, October 13, 2008

rolling to a party

We had decided to celebrate our grand mansion and invite few friends over for a party. However, with other halves and what have you a handful of acquaintances soon turns into a large crowd. To a point where we were slightly worried that we might just have to allocate people 30sec or 1minutes slots in our spacious living room.

I had spent several days and possibly even weeks planning the food and drinks. I had eventually compiled a set of five savoury snacks and two sweet ones, served with an autumn punch.

In the morning we did a hike to the supermarket. Unfortunately I had not quite thought true the logistics of it all and by the time we were back home my back was killing me and my arms were twice their original length. However, it was comforting to find out that even with the rising food prices you could still acquire that amount of goodies with a rather low budget.

Seven hours later it was all done and set up but I was exhausted.

My first task was meatballs. In fact 177 of them. I had decided to make two types – spicy chilli-onion ones and more Mediterranean style garlic-basil ones. So I rolled, I rolled, I rolled and in between rolling moved ready ones out of the oven and placed new ones in. Without burning myself. And continued rolling.

More rolling – with zucchini rolls. Fill. Roll. Fill. Roll. Fill. Roll.

Chopping – carrots, cucumber, celery, peppers.

My mum’s apple cake was to serve as a desert and, as I later found out, that turned to be one of the greatest successes.

Three types of breads.

Punch.

Shower and done. Almost. As I was putting on my make-up I noticed that there was a cut in my face. Where from? I had no idea. But there was no way to cover it. Shoot.

And I was done. In every sense of the word. We opened a bottle of red wine to start the evening and soon I found myself joyously bubbly and soon very sleepy.

But I think the party was a success. Food was gone, bottles (that we had not bought) empty, punch bowl sucked dry and the flat a controlled chaos.

And today, I had the last meatballs for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home