dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

doctor

I went to see the doctor yesterday. There was no urgent need to seek medical attention but from past experience I have learned to rather be safe than sorry. Hence, despite my general dislike of doctors I called up to make an appointment for after work.

The doctor was on time. Marvellous. Did not think that was possible for an afternoon appointment. So no need to wait.

She carefully listened to what I had to say and then prescribed me some medication. As she handed me the pink piece of paper I was to take to the pharmacy I thought the appointment was over. After all I had been in the room already for almost 3minutes. I was wrong.

She sat back in her chair and asked me further questions. About how I felt. About my social life. About my work. About my sports.

She also told me a secret. Apparently life gets easier with time. As you get older the pressures put on you when you are young disappear. Apparently you learn to think about yourself and your own priorities over the expectations of others.

We talked for about 20minutes. Just about stuff. Nothing serious. Just stuff.

She walked me out to the front door and told me to come back if the medicines she gave me didn’t seem to work too well, or if I had any other questions. Then she would investigate further, if need be.

I left the clinic feeling light and relieved. Slightly annoyed because I never think medications should be the first route to take. But realising that those twenty minutes in that room were probably going to have more of an effect than any medicines she could have given me. Just because she listened. And asked “how do you feel?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home