dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, September 11, 2008

dance class and some famous people

Last night, halfway into our fusion funk class (fusion funk is a dance that mixes hip hop, locking, popping, jazz and robotics and the class something to which my friend dragged me to as moral support) a random, half-singing guy popped into the studio, bringing everyone to a standstill. He did his little circle around the room, being all cool and stuff, leaving us staring at this madman with our mouths open.

Who was this guy?

His exist was equally random as his entry, but as soon as he had disappeared from the room, one of the girls stopped holding his breath and sighted – “that was Jason, oh my gosh, that was J***!”

J***? Who? J*** who?

Well J*** from NKOTB, obviously. Duh.

New Kids on the Block or NKOTB as it is known was (or is, who knows) a boy band, extremely popular in the late 1980s, early 1990s. And J*** was one of the members. I think. Have forgotten the names by now. Anyway, at the time we all loved them. I remember my mum making me a shirt with their picture on it. And a friend of mine had a little chest in her room, decorated with photos of them. I think she got it as a present and I remember having been a bit jealous.

So, had you then told the 7year old me that one day, when I would be living in London, one of the “boys” would storm into the studio I would have most likely have fainted from cheer excitement, or disbelief. In fact had you then just told me that I would once in my life see them from far far far away would most likely have made me feel I was blessed for life.

But now, when I was standing not even meters away from him I did not know whom the man was but was rather annoyed by the disturbance. And to be honest, I did not feel blessed after his departure. In fact I was equally lost with my steps, my moves were no more convincing and my rhythm far away from the beat as they had been prior to his the appearance. What a disappointment it would have been to the 7year old me…

London life…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home