dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, October 13, 2008

chair

I have, somewhere down the line, inherited a liking to funky chairs. However, I haven’t yet had the opportunity to act on the desire to be the owner of the most random collection of chairs.

On Friday night, we were walking to the buss stop from a party. The arms of a clock had passed midnight and the streets of Holloway were empty. We saw a lamp next to a bin. And a chair. We stopped. Looked. Watched. Examined and pondered. The lamp would definitely come in handy. And it looked like it would work. We picked it up and continued walking.

I stopped.

I could not just leave the chair there. After all it was a Danish butterfly.

I ran back and crabbed the chair.

After the first bus ride we had to change busses to get all the way home. At the bus stop I placed the chair on to the ground and sat down. I was still recovering from a massive flu I had been suffering from and was feeling rather weak and tired, despite having had nothing but diet coke the whole night. Bu obviously the other people at the bus stop in Angel had had something stronger than water in their glasses.

“Cool chair. Must come in handy”, someone told me. I agreed with him and explained that I never leave my house without my chair, because you never know when you might need a seat. The boy looked at me with a peculiar face but due to the multiplicity of creatures found in London, well, I think he believed me.

Eventually the novelty of waiting for the bus and the attention wore off and we hailed down a taxi. After all we weren’t that far away from home and the few extra pounds would be paid back in extended sleep.

I picked up the chair and placed it in front of me in the taxi. The lamp fitted perfectly between us on the seat.

When I woke up on Saturday morning the chair welcomed me on the landing. Exactly where I had left it the night before. Slightly scratched but with a lot of potential.
And as you might have guessed…I am painting it red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home