dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

track

I had my first ever track training session last night. The journey to the stadium looked simple enough so I hopped on my bike and started pedalling. Unfortunately my sense of direction or the lack of it and few road works ensured that I got totally and utterly lost and suddenly the 12km distance turned into something a lot longer.

When I finally locked my bike in front of the track the others were already stretching their legs and ready to go. Luckily the cycling had warmed my muscles so I could join them for the torture.

2min30sec. Hard effort. 3min30sec. 4min30sec. 5min30sec. 4min30sec… And a 90sec break in between. Around. And around. And around.

My heart was pounding and I needed the break to catch my breath.

My legs are not used to being pushed beyond their comfort zone and my muscles were expressing their serious dissatisfaction to this exercise.

Last lap. 81sec. Too slow.

My head was spinning – the endorphin rush almost beat that of a post-marathon high. I felt fantastic.

4laps to cool down. Back on the bike.

I got home buzzing. (This time I did not get lost) And annoyed. All that mileage and time wasted on unstructured training. Luckily my peak should still be ahead of me so it is not all lost.

And next week…all laps sub 80.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home