dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, October 27, 2008

my weekly mission

As I have become the cook in our East-London mansion I tend to be responsible also for making sure that the necessary ingredients can be found from the cupboards. Filling the fridge has become one of my weekly pleasures. I never leave to the grocery mission unprepared and hence on Saturday I again made sure I had made a mental note of all the things my recipe required as well as any other items that might be missing from our household. I put two shopping bags into my bag back and started my quest.

After a 15minte walk I had reached the supermarket. I chose a small trolley as believed this to be sufficient for my needs and entered through the automatic double door.

In the fruit and vegetable section I suffered from a brief moment of disbelief – no carrots left! Luckily a little detective work revealed a second box full of bright orange vegetables under the empty one. Relief.

I turned around, back to my trolley, put my carrots next to the bananas and moved on. A bag. An extra bag. There was a nice bag, that was not mine, hanging from my trolley. It was not my trolley. Somebody had taken my trolley. I looked around frantically. I soon spotted a girl going towards the meet section, to which I was also heading, with a small trolley with vegetables in it. A rather familiar selection even. I rushed after her and politely asked if she owned a recyclable shopping bag. She looked at my trolley. She then looked at her trolley that actually was my trolley and started laughing. We had picked the exact same things, which then had led to the confusion. We swapped trolleys and continued our respective tours of the supermarket.

Another crisis was avoided.

I had to remember to pick up toilet paper. It is an item I tend to forget and then I have to go to one of the close by mini-markets. I stood in front of the shelves and tried to make up my mind. In fact I had to decide between pale blue-, peach- and pink coloured paper. After many minutes of wondering and pondering I chose the peach one. Should match the blue in our bathroom well enough.

One step closer to completion.

When the last item had been placed into the little trolley I moved towards the check out. The lady behind the till was very pleased when I said I had my own bags and would thus not be needing their plastic ones.

Loyalty card for the points that can then later be turned into pounds. Last week I got £5 pounds off my bill just because of that, which allowed me to get few extra treats. Definitely worth it.

Wobbling back home took me a bit longer due to the heavy load I had on my back and over my shoulders.

Home.

Mission accomplished until next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home