dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

london

I visited a friend of mine in London. For some ”get away” time, to relax and solve the problems of the world – or at least those surrounding our little lives. For me the eternal question was my future – my life, my loves, my career, my sports. And somehow the sun, starbucks and words flowing nonstop seemed to be offering some guidance.

When walking from the tube to my friend’s flat, I was greeted with a Swedish flag. Grocery shop. With liquorice. Salmiak. Marabou. Fazer. Not to mention all the other Nordic goodies a little blond mind want in her life – porridge in every shape and form and colour and rye bread and extortionate prices.

We went out for brunch to one of her favourite places. I knew the sign  - I used to go to the original one, when I worked in Brussels. It was my treat. And my last morning in the EU capital.

On the way there we walked past a bakery. A very familiar one.  A very French one. One you can’t miss when you live in Paris.

Snack time. Smoothie. My friend new an excellent place. Best and hopefully the healthiest smoothies in London. Or central London. Or on that street. Opposite it – Marimekko. A new shop of the Finnish designer whose bag I have been carrying around for years now. Or one version of it. Usually they tend to wear out after few years of daily use. But still. And I always have one of their spotty shirts. And their pensile case. And make up purse. And a little purse. And oven gloves. (even if I have no oven). And their bed sheets. And towel. And….I used to have to travel to Finland to restock.

At London Bridge they have opened a new South African food store. A smaller one than the on in Richmond. But still.

In the evening, over a nice drink, launching on a comfortable sofa we had a passionate conversation about sports and politics and everything else that could ever be considered interesting.

I wonder. I cannot but wonder if someone is trying to tell me something. I wonder.

But will see…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home