dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, July 05, 2008

good byes

 

Last night was complete debauchery. Exams were over and the summer night was hot and beautiful. There was a random band playing on the quay of the Seine and all the worries of the world were temporarily wiped away.

This morning then, was tough, for some of us. My phone rang few minutes after I had climbed out of bed and prepared breakfast, which was consumed at a time, that would be considered suitable for lunch by most people.

I was to rush to the train station. My friend had just finished packing and would be at Gare du Nord in 15minutes. I jumped into my jeans, grabbed my handbag, hoping my purse was there, slipped on a pair of flip-flops and ran to the metro, while tying my hair. It was pouring down.

I got to the train station. My friend phoned to tell me he was going to be a bit late. Luckily his train was delayed.  I realised that I had had no news from the other one, who was supposed to be catching his train not much later. Phone. He was getting a taxi. At least he was awake.

I had never thought I would not be able to find my friend from a crowd because he towers two heads above everybody else but this time there was a team of basketballers taking the same train. Excellent. He came. No time for a quick coffee. We walked slowly to his car. A quick good bye. And he was on his way.

I ran from the Thalys to the Eurostar, where my friend should be by now. I looked around but could not find a familiar face. Just as I was ready to give up, he appeared, looking scruffy but on time. Tickets. A quick good bye and I watched him go through the security.

Having watched my friends to get on to their respective trains, I walked towards the exit and then my phone beeped. And for a second time. I smiled.  

As I left the station I felt a chapter of my life had been closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home