dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, July 05, 2008

the final exam

I had my two last exams on the same day. First it was the Grand Oral, the most feared exam of the Master and in the afternoon I would have my Language Oral – in English.

I knew that by choosing English over French was a lazy thing to do and an easy way out but I felt that after having struggled through two years of French schooling and all together 19years of education I had the right, for once to take it easy.

I was late. It was raining. Pouring down. I was soaked. The professor told me that I would now be left with just under 20minutes to prepare. I sat down and tried not to drip water all over the article. 2minutes gone. I had finished reading the text and was not quite sure what I should do. I read it for the second time and tried to scribble down some notes. 5minutes gone. I was done.

We were not allowed to start the exam early so we started chatting. I had never met the professor before but he was extremely interesting. Time was up.

The professor took out his pen and a note pad and I had to read a paragraph. I answered a question.  He put down his pen. He had not written a single thing. The next question led us back to our previous conversation which we continued until he realised that the time was up. Again.

Shame. Just when it was getting interesting.

I got up to leave the room. The professor walked me to the door commenting on the appallingly low levels of English of the French students. Apparently I had nothing to worry. And apparently he too, had found our conversation very interesting and thought it was a shame we could not finish it.

True. I kind of like a proper debate.

I left my final final final exam ever (never say never but I don’t see myself going back to school any time soon) feeling glad and relieved.

Taking the easy way out? Maybe. But at least I finished 19 years of schooling happy having done it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home