dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, May 30, 2008

cinema

I went to the cinema yesterday – alone.

I had a long gap in the afternoon and found my thoughts wandering when sitting in front of the computer. It was raining outside and I felt tired, so very tired, a bit sad and definitely unmotivated.

I used to go to the cinema often but now I can hardly remember what was the last film I saw on a big screen. And I had completely forgotten the peacefulness and comfort of the big room full of big stairs.

Despite the film being THE thing to see at the moment, only showing for the second day here in France, the four o’clock viewing was half empty and I got my ticket without standing in line.

I had few minutes to spare so I walked to the close by supermarket, despite the rain and got a packet of cherry tomatoes. I really wanted something to nibble on but because I made an agreement with a friend of mine that we won’t be having any sweets, ice cream, cookies, cakes or any other goodies for a month, the sweet section was a forbidden isle for me. The healthy option of nuts was also out because of my very recently resurfaced childhood nut allergy. So I got cherry tomatoes.

I ran back to the theatre and found a nice seat in the very very middle, opened my packet of cherry tomatoes and waited for the film to start.

Two and a bit hours later I resurfaced from my own little universe. I walked back to school and the sun was shining. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home