dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, May 15, 2008

cafe, coffee, kahvia kiitos

I am addicted to coffee. Well, not addicted, I could really live without it. I think. I know. But I do drink a lot of it.

Every morning, when I wake up I turn the coffee machine on. 2mugs. If I work at midday I will have a double espresso after lunch.  And maybe another one later on in the afternoon. But definitely one or two after dinner, before the evening shift.

At school I rarely drink coffee. Except if we have lunch at the university restaurant. The coffee there is as disgusting as the food but it is part of the whole routine – lunch and coffee and back to work.

And obviously, when you meet someone, you meet them for coffee. Though currently the phrase resembles more the comment “we really should meet up for coffee…but not before end of June, I am a bit busy at the moment”.

The problem is that I am immune to caffeine. So where as other people have a shot of energy in the evening to make it to the end of the day I can drink a litre, fall right asleep when I eventually, hopefully get to my bed and have no extra energy, whatsoever.

Coffee is, apparently, really bad for you. And it should be drunk in moderation if at all. Green tea would be better. But they don’t serve chocolates with green tea.  And drinking a huge pot of tea just takes too long.

So I drink a lot of coffee. And red wine – but that is another entry “drinks and drunks maybe”, when I have time, for coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home