dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, April 27, 2008

sunday morning

Sunday mornings are special.

Today I woke up way before my alarm. I seem to have lost my ability to sleep endlessly and instead I wake up at the same time every morning, irrespective of how late I went to bed.

But the sun was shining through the open window and invited me out for coffee. After a lazy breakfast I moved to the gym for a stretching class. The Sunday morning one always starts with a nice and relaxing breathing exercise. There is no better way to start the day.

When I left to go to work, people were slowly moving, opening shutters and getting bread.  I left the door open, to let the warm breeze in, turned the music on and danced around the empty restaurant with my mop. When everything was set up and ready, I stepped on to the street and headed towards the flower shop.

People had finally climbed out of the holes and were sitting on every terrace, facing the sun, drinking coffee and reading the Sunday paper. I took my time choosing the flowers – something yellow, definitely. And maybe a bit of red. Meadow flowers. Nothing too made. Easy. Spring.

With a huge bouquet in my arms I walked back to the restaurant, just in time for our lunch.  Then I would still have time for another coffee before the first customers would arrive. I placed myself at the end of the bar and started sorting my fresh flowers into their vases.

There was no rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home