dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

hospital 4

To cheer me up and to prevent himself from falling asleep my friend decided to take me for coffee to the cafeteria downstairs. When we were sitting and drinking our large, though rather weak coffees he noticed that some of the other patients had blinking and beeping machines in their poles or colourful drips.

In fact, when compared to the others my pole looked rather cheap and pathetic. I only, at that point, had two different liquids slowly flowing into my veins and the only exciting thing was the pink end that connected the tube to my veins. I was like the school kid with a pair of trainers of the wrong brand.

Later, when we climbed back upstairs my friend noted that funnily enough my room number was 28, like the number of the house my little flat was in. And my birthday too had only 2s and 8s and we were living the year 2008.

And whoever said curses and other spells were nothing but superstition?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home