dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

hospital 1

I was given half an hour to go to my flat and get my things for what I thought was a maximum of to nights at the hospital. With the painkillers I had been given my head felt light – I was high as a kite – and hence the pain that in fact had gone nowhere did not disturb me. So I unlocked my bike and cycled back to my flat. I randomly threw things into my bag and hurried back to the hospital. Luckily one of my classmates managed to meet me in my roof top apartment and hence the whole process had some logic to it.

At the hospital we were sent from one section to another and back and after a, what seemed like the walk though a 18hole golf course I was finally taken to my room – which by the way was bigger than my apartment and had a better view. But still all the walking made us wonder how the people who are really really sick survive.

Before leaving me into my prison my friend was given a job – he had to hold my arm still when the nurse attacked me to, what was to become my loyal friend for the following days.

I had, of course informed my boss from work about the change in plans. I would not make it to the five o’clock meeting, nor would I be doing my shift that night. With this information at hand he flew to rescue.

Not too long after my admission my boss and his brother knocked on the door. They had arrived with basic necessities - wine, some more wine, chocolate and cheese and some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the hospital meals resemble something digestible. But the first thing to do was to find out what was really going on. My boss took this job to himself while his brother amused me with stories.

The serious face of my boss and intelligent sounding question made the hospital stuff believe that he was a member of the same school- a doctor at least. However I think this impression faded away with the final question – “would any of you like a class of wine?”

Well I did. And had. Two. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home