dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, March 31, 2008

a sister for rent

Most of my school friends and I are all currently in the position of not knowing what we will be doing at the end of July. I can say, with 95% confidence that I will not be moving to India, that because I am not applying for a job there but other than that I have no idea. Hunting for a job then, is a full time job, something none of us really have enough time for. Besides, every job requires – not only our educational achievements – but also relevant work experience, knowledge of half of the languages in the world and of course we should not be more than 22 years old.

So, amid all this stress the worse thing that can happen is to have people constantly asking “So, after your graduation,…?” My friend then, during a rather angst orientated drink one Monday night really wanted to have a sister or a brother who would have an impeccable track record of achievements and would thus serve as the golden child of the family and take the pressure away from him.

This is when I got the best possible business idea – I would start renting my sister.

Obviously this business would enable me to stop working and hence give me the time I need for school and job applications and everything else I should be doing, while also reducing the stress caused to my friends by demands from the outside. The family golden child is really only needed during dinners or celebration and hence my sister would be able to pretend to be the sister of several of my friends. At the same time the job, despite some travel requirements would not demand all her time, but she would be able to, alongside of it, continue her studies and maintain her training programme and all in all continue with her life. This obviously would be necessary because otherwise she would not be the sister my friends currently so desperately need.

I informed my sister about this plan (I also told my mother who didn’t have any objections to me renting her other daughter) and she was slightly worried if she would meet the language requirements needed for the job. I assured her that this would not pose a problem.

Hence now, if in need of a presentable sibling, please contact the undersigned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home