dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the solution

I am the worse eater in the world. I am excellent at skipping meals, replacing them with fruit and yoghurt and chocolate, especially chocolate. Luckily I work in a restaurant so at least few days a week my diet consists of something else than a stable intake of porridge. My excuse, one of them, is that cooking for one is just too boring. Who wants to, when there are about hundred million other things I should be doing watch one potato to boil to accompany half a carrot, some broccoli and a something that could be called a sauce, that I will then have to eat for the whole week, because making one portion of sauce is just impossible?

Obviously this inherent inability to do something that normally even babies do and due to this my sister has endless energy to complain about it – “why don’t you….?” “You really should..” “If you did…” and on and on and on she goes.

Now, because of the approaching Paris marathon I have, yet again, tried to pull myself together and start a healthy life. Luckily, I have been working lots and lots, which has meant lots and lots proper meals. I have also been meeting people for lunch at the university restaurant and even if the food there is not amazing it is still a complete meal. And my latest invention was to invite someone over for dinner and cook for 8 people instead of two and this way have a freezer full of nice food. And as there was someone coming over I had no possibility of finding something else to do than cooking.

My problem now is that I have two meals and several snacks per day and am still constantly hungry. I am starting to worry that I will eat myself into bankruptcy. In addition I have also started losing weight. Or maybe I haven’t but at least my clothes are getting bigger. And as I have been doing sports for the past 25years and 6months (I assume it was at the age of about 2months I was first introduced to swimming, or maybe earlier) even my new gym membership will not really explain this strange phenomenon.

But I am irritated.

All I needed to get a nice balance into my life, to have more energy even when I have no time to sleep, feel better, and apparently look better (I love the compliments I am getting – “oh you look so healthy, what has happened to you?”) be less stressed and less on a bad mood, have less headaches and pains in my stomach and more motivation was to eat properly. That is stupid. It is extremely annoying that the solution to the majority of my problems was just to start eating well. And it took me how long to figure this out?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home