dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

jinxed

It has become obvious that for me the Paris marathon is jinxed. Two years ago I could not run because managed to develop a serious sports injury only some weeks before the marathon. Last year I broke my finger running it and this year – well this year is a completely different story.

We had the whole weekend planned out. Well. I was supposed to go to work on Friday, my friend would take the Eurostar on Saturday after which we would go to the marathon expo to get our numbers and have pasta for dinner. On Sunday, after finishing the long trek we would have a lazy lunch before I would have to catch a flight to Finland for my father’s 50th birthday.

This grand plan went all pear shaped when I got admitted to the hospital on Friday night. There would be no other marathon for me than a slow stroll around the corridors with my drip pole and slippers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home