dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

hospital 2

I spent the whole of Saturday morning studying. I did not get any breakfast, just some weak coffee, which I had to complement with a lousy machine coffee from downstairs and a coke, which ended up being a rather pricy treat as the machine ate my change Excellent. Just perfect.

Because my wheelie friend made horrible noise and was really slow when I pushed it ahead of me I adopted a habit of carrying it around. Well, despite being excellent exercise for my right arm it seemingly was not the thing to do. Apparently this place was not a substitute for a gym – boring boring people.

Lunchtime brought with itself my boss with a new food delivery. This was more than welcome surprise as the hospital food was, as had been predicted, completely inedible.

Having been saved from starving to death my friends came to console me and keep me company. The last one to show up was my runner friend who had collected his number and was already for the race.

After the others had gone we spent the rest of the evening planning which races we could do later in the year. Well there is Luxembourg the first weekend of May, but that was already on our list. So what else?

Despite all the fun of planning I did secretly wish that Sunday morning would turn out to be rainy and windy and miserable. I am not a mean person really, but still this whole hospitalisation thing right before a marathon during which I was supposed to break my personal record just seemed a bit too unfair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home