dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

hospital 6

If you are only joining us now, I am afraid you might have, as the title suggests, missed something. So before reading any further I recommend you return to the post called “jinxed”.

I would not be taken to surgery that morning. And a few hours later I found out that I would not be taken to surgery at all.

My friend, walking like his legs were made out of wood, came over and a few minutes later my boss showed up with a huge salad for my lunch. We celebrated the good news with a class of wine. After all, the bottle had been open since Friday and it would be a shame to waste good wine.

After having been left alone the doctor came to see me. They had new lab results. I would need another 24hours or so of antibiotics through the drip but would be discharged the following night. As I was about to text my friend to tell her that she no longer had to bring me more clothes my phone rang – it was her telling me that she had managed to get my door open. I would actually be able to get into my home (it looks like).

Funny – just when I had finally learned all the acrobatics necessary to change my top without having to stop the drip and to take a shower with one arm and without getting half of my face wet and in fact had become a professional patient, I would leave my prison. Well, then again I hope I will not ever have to find that these newly acquired skills are transferable or useful in any other way.

As I had just wiped the happy smile off my face two of my classmates swung through the door, straight from class. The other one – Belgian – had just returned from a weekend at home and had a bag full of Belgian chocolate.

It had become obvious by now that when you think that there is absolutely nothing good left to happen, the world gives you one more treat.

So tomorrow night I should be back in my little cupboard with a box full of tablets to be taken as instructed and some Belgian chocolate that was not eaten while typing this.

But for a month now, at least, I am not allowed to get tired or stressed. I have to, instead of assuming there is a 25th hour to my day plan 23hour days and use the last, remaining 60minutes for extra sleep. I think I can manage that. Or I can try.

Oh, and I can start training as soon as I feel up to it. And that means…I have four weeks left before the Luxembourg marathon…and my record time would be…

Just have to remember to not get tired or stressed. And sleep and rest if I do feel tired.

Mondays are not such bad days after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home