dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, July 10, 2008

hairdressers

I have been in need of a haircut for a long while now. Even long hair should, apparently be trimmed occasionally in order it not to look like a dead haystack.

Yesterday I was walking to the pool when I passed bio-hairdressers. The place claims to use only natural, organic, plant based products, which are not only goo for you but also good to the environment. Don’t take me wrong – I am not an urban hippy, I don’t necessarily always buy organic products and I don’t order carrot juice in a restaurant (even if I should because that could be good for me) and I have re-started eating meat. But still, I thought the concept was interesting so I would give it a go.

They had an empty spot in 15minutes, or the next day. I decided to postpone the trip to the pool. After the cut I was very happy. He had maybe been a tiny bit too greedy with this scissors but he had made my hair look healthy and nice so I had no reason to complain.

Then the colour. I said I would like to stay blonde. He made a mixture of herbs and what have we, turned my head into a pile of mud and placed me under a heating cap-thing. A long while later I was freed from the comfortable warmth, my hair was washed and I was given a head massage. Lovely.

I sat in front of the window. I was a brunette. I could not believe it. I was no longer a blonde, I was a brunette. It looked ok, rather nice even but it was not what I wanted. I was speechless. The guys were very pleased with the result – it was so natural. Indeed.

I left the place, smelling earthy and still – brunette. Puzzled I continued to the pool. On the way back I still was not used to my new mirror image. I liked the look I had. I was comfortable in it. I didn’t want to turn into a brunette even if I have been one before.

At home I searched through my beauty potion reserves and found a chemical blond hair dye. On. To be time conscious I decided to tint my eyebrows and do a facial mask at the same time. With green face and colourful paste covering the rest of my head I sat there, hoping to turn back to that me I was when I woke up that morning.

Luckily the mud-dye was not too strong and washed away rather easily. And I guess thanks to the plant extracts in my hair the blond turned out to be more even that before, by far more natural and more healthy looking. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home