dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, September 17, 2007

no pain no gain

I have, due to some temporary moment of insanity, restarted gym training. I have a bad habit of slacking, faffing about, chatting and changing the music on my ipod instead of training and hence I usually sign up for a class.

Yesterday I went to a fit-ball class, you know where you play around with a big ball and then I went to yoga/chiball, where you then stretch and breath and move with a smaller ball and today I am in pain. And all I did was some breathing and stretching and throwing a ball around – and it is supposed to be relaxing a good for me.

At any rate, over the weekend I also went to my usual pump class. There we stand in line and move dumbbells up and down with some music. It is always good and rather efficient and simple enough for me to follow. Well in fact it is not too simple if you don’t know the techniques but apparently I do – I even got complimented on it. Woohoo, the highlight of my day.

At any rate that was not my point either but I the instructor was. He had the best ever way of encouraging us – smile, it hurts! Now, this one is torture – enjoy! Oh, don’t you just love how it burns – you can almost see your muscles grow in front your eyes! No, no, no, more weights – I don’t want you to be able to move tomorrow. Slower, slower, slower, you have to feel it – any one of you is up before me and he will do an extra 5min.

The more it hurts the better it is supposed to feel and the happier I am supposed to be. Well, no pain, no gain I suppose. And he does make you work.

Today I am going to retry stretching…and breathing. What a waste I say – seriously the air goes in and out of me all the time and every day so I don’ quite see why I need to go to the gym to breath. But then again it does hurt afterwards so maybe there is some gain from it as well…or then only pain.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home