dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, November 20, 2008

freebies

They say there is no such thing as a free lunch. But there is free coffee.

Today one of my colleagues stormed in to the office from her lunch break announcing that one of the banks close by was giving out free coffee. Or rather, vouchers for coffee that then allowed you to pick up your treat from the stall next to it.

It just so happens that my coffee boy works in this same stall. They have the best and the cheapest coffee in the area and with their loyalty card you get the 10th one for free. As I think it is outrageous that they make us work in an office that does not have a proper supply of coffee (only instant evil) I treat myself, on a rare occasion to a nice, steaming drink from this particular stall. Funnily enough my rare coffee moments are frequent enough for the boy to recognise me from far so usually by the time I get there my coffee is already made. Americano with a bit of skinny milk. Perfect.

I still had some of my break left, well technically all of it as I had, yet again, had my lunch at my desk so I picked up my coat and wandered over to the bank. In front of it someone handed me a “bag for life” and asked if I would like to have a massage. For free. Who was I to say no?

I went into the branch and after a few minute wait was treated with an amazing neck and back massage. During those few minutes I had to wait in line I was offered a free coffee voucher, which I put into my pocket for post-treatment treat.

Feeling loose and relaxed I walked over to the stall. The boy, this time buzzing and busy started smiling – “I was waiting to see you. The usual?” What else? Though this time I didn’t ask for a stamp for my card. That would have been just cheeky.

I strolled back to the office, with the hot cuppa in hand, enjoying the late autumn sun.

Needless to say that there was nothing that could ruin my day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home