dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, July 26, 2008

wrinkle

Wrinkle. I found a wrinkle. One week before my 26th birthday I found a wrinkle from my face.

I could not stop staring at it. It is very small. It is where my face squirms when I smile. But it is a definite wrinkle.

Unfortunately, it is almost unnoticeable. I was tempted to draw a big red arrow pointing to it so that it would get a bit more attention but resisted the temptation.

Maybe as years go by it will grow. And people can see it.

But for the moment I know it is there.

My first little wrinkle.

This is so exciting. Maybe next year I will get one into the corner of my eye. Laugh-lines they are. The more you laugh, the more lines you get into the corners of your eyes. I think.

I don’t want dark circles or puffy eyes. I don’t want deep lines into my forehead. I don’t want varicose veins into my legs. But I want hard bits into my hands, stress marks into my belly.

For the moment I just have lots of scars. Some are happy scars. Some are sad scars. But they are many. And I have a wrinkle.

Did I tell you I have a wrinkle?

I think I will go back to my mirror.

Cos I have a wrinkle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home