dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

interview

Last week I had a job interview. In the very heart of the City. I got up early, had breakfast, showered and dressed – in a suit. In a black suit.

After having checked my appearance several times from the mirror I joined the grey mass of commuters. First train was too full so I had wait for the next one. Crammed. Could not even breath. Then, with the wave into the city line. Dark suits, stern, tired faces, silence and Financial Times. At Bank I gave up. I could not take it any longer. Luckily I was a bit early so could walk the rest of the way.

Impressive. In my suit, heels, hair tied up and a skinny take away latte (this means an espresso with some non-fat milk, in a paper mug for those who are not quite familiar with the Starbucks/Costa jargon. Often I have it with a sugar free vanilla syrup but this time I had opted for the calorie free artificial sweetener) I must have looked like I belonged there, because I got stopped twice by people asking for directions. Not a bad start.

But I would still get a bike if I ever got that job. There is no way I will ever commute by train. No way.

I signed into the building and used the spare minutes to go to the bathroom. A shower. Hmmm. This is promising. I could run to work or go running during lunch. Definitely promising.

The guy I had an interview with was not in yet. Even better. These people have a life. And they laugh. Promising. Definitely promising.

The interview was long  - interview, exam, interview. I was getting pretty nervous. I had no idea how to answer most of the questions and I definitely, definitely did not like their reactions to my answers.

Two hours later I handed in my visitors’ badge, with a job offer in my hand.

Next time I go there, I will no longer be a visitor. And will have a bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home