dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, February 16, 2009

rentals

For a long while now, well basically since we moved to our East London mansion, we have been trying to find a video rental place. It as obvious, from the numerous bags we saw floating around, that one of the big chains had a store not too far away but we had failed to locate its precise coordinates.

Saturday night, my bother and I decided it was cinema time. We walked over to the nearest cinema but unfortunately neither of the two films we wanted to see was showing anytime soon.
We walked down the nearby road, which is known for its wild social scene, in search of a bar or lounge where we could spend our waiting time.

My brother disregarded my first two suggestions and as we walked further I noticed a little, curious looking shop. With lots of films.

And independent video rental store.

The place was cosy and had two floors worth of films organised were organised not only according to their genre but according to the director.

Mainstream, French, Spanish, Asian, American independent…you name it.

We spend a good while going through the DVD’s until picking out one we both preferred over to the once showing in the cinema.

I went to the front desk and asked to register. The girl looked at my ID and said “oh I see, a Finn. Don’t see why we should be speaking English then”.

The rest of the rental process and registration was then comfortably conducted in Finnish. This is what I call a wonderful discovery.

And my brother: good service.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger ii said...

How funny!

Okay, I did it. I returned to the blogging world. the new link: http://heelsonice.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home