dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

new year’s resolutions

This year, or last year or when the year changed I sort of overlooked the whole episode. Admittedly I was drinking bubbly and had brushed my hair, which should be considered as making an effort but even still the New Year did not start in a glamorous fashion.

Nor did my New Year’s resolutions.

I had, yet again, decided to redesign my life. After all that is what the New Year (and every Monday) is for. However, as I had failed to write down my plans they have now been revised and re-revised numerous times. And they are still not written down.

I was, as usual, going to reduce my sugar consumption. This lasted…well it did not really start yet during the holidays, because during the holidays you do not have to change your bad habits into better ones…well it didn’t last. I did consider trying again on the first Monday of the year but then I had to go back to work and something else happened so chocolate was simply in order.

I then thought rewriting my last year’s resolutions as I did not really, technically live by them last year so I thought I should really try again this year. So far I have not dared to open my old diary because I remember it saying something about nice nails and pedicures and the rest and this, considering the current dismal state of my feet would increase the list of things to be done exponentially.

A friend of mine had decided to say “yes”. She would stop hiding behind her habits and routines and try out new things whenever possible.

I should do the opposite – learn to say “no”. But somehow “say no” does not sound impressive enough to pass as a resolution.

I have now decided that I will have, by the end of this month, written down the re-revised version of my re-revised resolutions. I will, then, start a new life on the 1st day of the second month of the year.

That will be a Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home