dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

heart trouble

Whilst waiting in the emergency to be admitted to the hospital I witnessed a rather interesting confusion. I was comfortably lying in a bed (after having had my face poked with long needles I felt slightly weak and faint) after being, in between, forced to move outdoors due to a fire alarm, when a nurse came in with an EKG machine.

I was, despite my half conscious state, rather puzzled by this. Surely an aggressive infection in my facial area could not be the result of heart problems. I pointed this out to the student nurse (I was at the university hospital) but she explained that the EKG would rule out many possibilities and hence was necessary.

Who was I to argue?

There was, it seemed, nothing wrong with my heart. (Never has been, unless broken hear counts)

I was still convinced that there had been some misunderstanding and that, no matter what the EKG said I would not be going home anytime soon.

I was right.

About 15minutes later the same diligent student wheeled the machine to the room next door where the true heart patient, a 70+ years old Indian lady, was.

Seriously?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home