dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, December 22, 2008

films..only a few

My fiend came over last night to watch a film. I had pestered him for a while to give me a part of his outstanding collection of downloads as we had, my housemate and I been hoping to watch something in several occasions.

It appeared that my memory stick was way too small to hold anything but few trailers but luckily I realised that I had an external hard drive. Found it. I possessed this important piece of material because my mother, unlike me, is adamant about back upping your files.

So what do you want and where?

In the folder that says “films”?

I have a folder that says films? I knew I had the odd one on my laptop, which I had seen all at least once but surely there was nothing on my hard drive.

My friend clicked on the icon and started laughing. The folder contained 64kb worth of cinematographic material.

WHAT?

And then it all occurred to me. I had, at some point last spring given the hard drive to another friend so that he could put music onto it. And he did. Music and some other random stuff. I had then, happily, transferred those several thousand tunes onto my laptop and forgotten about it. Thus, when ever he mentioned the films he gave me I thought about the odd one he put on my laptop when I was last in hospital. It never come to mind that the “some other random stuff” was hours and hours worth of films.

So, all this time, I had had a long long long list of good movies lying in a basket next to my bed. I could not believe it. What about all the books we had read when not being able to rent a film? And all those conversations? Or going to the cinema? All because we thought we had no movies to watch.

And now I have 15more…think that adds up to….many. Very very many.

It took my friend a long time before he could stop laughing…and wipe off the tears running down his cheeks.

Yeah, not funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home